Juvenile Diabetes Scholarship for incoming college freshmen from the State of New Jersey
- High School Seniors with type 1 diabetes seeking a higher education at an accredited four year university, college, technical or trade school.
- Current New Jersey resident.
- Have demonstrated exemplary academic performance.
- Participates in community or extra curricular activities or sports.
- Endorsement from Physician or CDE that demonstrates that they are managing their diabetes. HbA1c is not a criterion.
- Complete the Scholarship Application.
- Application Package (including required documents listed below) must be received in full by Friday, May 11, 2018 All information needs to be sent in ONE package. Incomplete packages will not be processed.
- Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
- Applications will only be accepted via mail. NO electronic filing will be accepted.
- Proof of Citizenship — Copy of either NJ driver license or US passport will suffice
- One (1) Endorsement Letter from Physician or CDE that demonstrates that the students is managing his or her diabetes. (HbA1c is not a criterion.)
- One (1) Letter of Recommendation from teacher, coach or counselor
- High School Transcript (Official transcript is not a requirement.)
- Document listing extracurricular activities
- The winners of the 2018 scholarships will notified via email no later than June 30, 2018. Those applicants not selected will not receive any other notification.
- Upon verification that the winners have been accepted and registered to an accredited four year university, college, technical or trade school, the checks will be distributed inJuly directly to the school.
Complete application packages must be received by Friday, May 11, 2018. Mail to:
John E. Kostic Memorial Foundation
Attn: Juvenile Diabetes Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 2486
Cinnaminson, NJ 08077
Download a PDF of the application here.